The Melbourne Chiropractor Westmeadows provides specialised therapeutic techniques to help with all types of musculoskeletal problems. Our team of chiropractors strives to decrease pain, increase function and create solutions to your problems which will be long term. Our team strives to get patients back on their feet as quick as possible with ongoing support if it is essential.
Our westmeadows and broadmeadows clinics offer chiropractic services which also include modalities such as dry needling, cupping, sports taping, trigger point therapy, Stretching and exercise prescription.
Our Westmeadows chiropractic practice also accepts referrals from GP’s for chiropractic services. If you are given a CDM or EPC plan you are eligible for up to 5 chiropractic visits per year!
Five years of university training, along with ongoing research and training has increased our teams ability to give you the right advice. Evidence based practice increases our safety and effectiveness.
What Is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic Care is internationally recognized as being a way to help alleviate pain and increase a person’s functional well-being. A chiropractor may help you achieve a healthier lifestyle by giving you strategies to overcome stress, injuries, pain, and other musculoskeletal conditions.
What Can Chiropractic Help With?
Both our Westmeadows Chiropractors and Broadmeadows Chiropractors can help you with various conditions including:
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Chronic Stress
- Balance Issues
- Postural Issues/Scoliosis
- Hip Pain
- Disc Injuries
What Can You Expect On Your First Visit To Our Clinic?
First Visit or First Treatment at either of our westmeadows or broadmeadows health clinics includes a case history, posture scan, movement analysis, pain assessment, orthopaedic testing and a full body treatment.
Referral for X-ray imaging (if required) is bulk-billed through Medicare.
Our Westmeadows Clinic
Our Westmeadows Clinic is spacious and easily accessible by car, bus and train. Onsite Parking is available with wheelchair accessibility and is within 10km of Melbourne CBD
7 Facts About Westmeadows
- Population 5,848
- Westmeadows was first established in the 1850s
- Average age is 36
- Westmeadows area is 4.7 km squared
- Westmeadows is know as “Old Broady”
- The first Broadmeadows Post Office now Westmeadows opened on 1 January 1855
- Bluestone Bridge over the Moonee Ponds Creek was built in 1869 through Westmeadows
Suburbs We Service
Predominately Northern Suburbs but not limited to:
- Roxburgh Park
- Ascot Vale
- Moonee Ponds
- Airport West
- Meadow Heights
- Pascoe Vale
What Can Our Team Do To Help?
Depending on the severity of the injury or area of concern our practitioners in our Broadmeadows, Westmeadows and Fawkner Clinics will treat accordingly to your complaint. Treatments that may be provided but are not limited to include:
- Spinal manipulation, Activator Methods, Drop Piece, SOT and other adjustive techniques can help alleviate joints that have restriction such as spinal segments and joints (LeFebvre, Peterson & Haas, 2012)
- PNF/PIR/prescribed stretching – Stretching has shown to reduce pain, improve functionality of the wrist and hand also maintains strength and improves patients in both long and short-term outcomes.
- Remedial Massage, Trigger point therapy or use of handheld massager – Have shown to decrease pain/tenderness, enhance both range of motion and quality of life and influence flexibility (Shah et al., 2015) (Imtiyaz, Veqar & Shareef, 2014)
- Advice on daily living activities/diet – This enables advice on how to change to make healthy actions into habits and may offer a valuable alternative with potential for long-term impact. (Gardner, Lally & Wardle, 2012)
- Prescribed exercises – produce more beneficial outcomes in terms of increased strength, improved function and reduced pain scores. (Fernandes, Pedrinelli & Hernandez, 2015)
- Dry Needling or Cupping to the surrounding musculature to help decrease tension and inflammation around the area of the hand and forearm.